The actions we take have an impact on our success. But sometimes, it’s what we don’tdo that makes an even bigger difference. I don’t know what your specific “Don’t” list should be, but I do know there are a few things that apply to most people in our industry.
* Don’t focus on what we can’t control. Blaming the housing market or interest rates will only make it more probable that you will fall short of your annual goals.
* Don’t believe you can’t grow your business this year. Even if the “pie” is smaller than in years past, there is still plenty of pie!
* Don’t ever miss an opportunity to grow your personal network. Do that by constantly looking to extend relationships with people you meet. Not everyone you meet, but those who can have a positive impact on your business.
* Don’t assume that just because you’ve not heard back from someone that they aren’t interested in working with you or referring business to you. The most successful people follow-up with potential leads multiple times.
* Don’t spend valuable time on social media unless it grows your mind or business.
* Don’t go a day without setting 15-minutes or more aside to work on your personal development. Successful people know that to grow their business they need to grow themselves.
* And for those of you who have attended a Success Academy program…don’t forget to apply your biggest takeaways to make sure you have momentum heading into spring market.
Here’s to making 2019 a very successful year!
About the author
Silva Law / QuickSilva CEO Doug Fleener is a former organizational consultant and international keynote speaker who for sixteen years helped thousands of individuals and businesses to improve their sales performance and customer experience. Contact us to learn how Doug can present one of the Success Academy programs at your next staff meeting.